Web Designer & Technical Generalist
Purpose Of The Role
Working highly creative, highly technical director, you’ll thrive on dealing with the fast pace of dealing with multiple client projects at the same time and juggling constantly varying requirements, needs and priorities, as well as firefighting and general troubleshooting of client issues.
New Meta has a number of clients who need our support and expertise with ongoing web design and marketing needs. The role of the Web Designer is to take care of the design of these elements and take responsibility over certain client needs.
In The Role You Will:
- Be working directly with the business owner using your design & technical skills to take care of the design and implementation of websites, landing pages, as well as keeping your finger on the pulse of current campaigns to ensure everything is working smoothly, making updates as appropriate.
- This part of the role will include providing design and technical insight and recommendations on technical solutions for our high end clients.
- You’ll be here to support me with whatever I need, to handle the implementation details with our offshore team so that I can focus on higher level strategic work.
- NOT be expected to code pages by hand, ever. We use templates. Although understanding CSS can be handy at times. There won’t be any PHP hackery here.
- Have an eye for good looking design and page layout, graphics selection, typography and colour choices to ensure pages look good and reflect the client’s brand.
- Be building sites using WordPress, with an eye for selecting high quality, good looking templates and bringing them to reality for clients. While you won’t be coding pages by hand, but you will be actually building pages and sites.
- Be integrating WordPress and other landing page software (Like Clickfunnels, Optimizepress) to databases (like Infusionsoft, Aweber).
- Be designing simple banners and other on-page graphics. You don’t need to be photoshop pro. We primarily use Canva for our design elements.
- Be selecting on-page and marketing stock photography that reflect the clients brand.
- Be learning new systems and self-educating when a client uses a technology we haven’t used before.
- Be taking responsibility for incoming client support requests and ensuring that problems and small changes are handled seamlessly and effectively. This ensures that the clients get accurate and responsive solutions to the day-to-day changes they have.
- Developing your marketing and copywriting skills. You’ll be hands on learning how we roll out high end marketing strategy for selling high ticket items and developing your skills in the consulting and marketing space, with a view to taking on greater responsibilities in this area.
Personal Attributes For Success:
We’re looking for a supporter / mechanic profile with an talent & eye for good design. Someone who loves being part of a team, engineering smart solutions and ensuring the work gets done right the first time. You’ll be process and systems driven by nature, always looking for more optimised ways of getting the job done.
You’ll be highly details focussed and be skilled at juggling multiple projects and ideas at once. You’ll be ready and willing to be all hands on deck for the priority thing that can fall on our desk at a moment’s notice. You’ll be agile and flexible in your approach and ready to learn new systems, techniques and skills.
You’ll be able to manage your time and priorities independently. This role works with juggling deadlines and these must be met. Our clients depend on that. This position is not for a "yes man" who then lets projects drop through the cracks. You will also be expected to be confident enough in your own abilities to say when things CANNOT be done in a certain timeframe – and ask questions when you need input to get the job done right.
The New Meta Team Agency prides itself on being highly responsive and delivering in excellence. We thrive on getting the job done right and doing things the right way.
We work fast, this means things change rapidly. We’re always thinking and we’re always coming up with new ideas – as such, we have opinions that need to be communicated rapidly.
We expect you to contribute your own opinions & ideas. We expect you to act professionally & respectfully challenge us and speak up if you disagree. That said, we expect you to commit to decisions once made, regardless whether you agree with a decision or not.
Your ability to get along with the team, to not take things personally, and to get the job done will be central to your success in this role.
Indicators You’re Doing Your Job Well:
- Minor changes (e.g updating headline or graphics on pages) completed for clients within 24 hours.
- Typical projects (e.g new landing page sequence) completed for clients within 7 days
- 100% of technical support requests responded to within 24 hours.
- 80% of work is approved on the first pass by the owner.
- 50% of work is approved on the first pass by the client.
Flexible Work Hours, Flexible Pay, For The Right Person
- We’re looking for someone around 20 hrs a week, with a view to expanding into full time down the track.
- We’re flexible with when you want to work, however this will largely depend on your skillset and ability.
- We have a policy where you set your own salary. KPI’s will be adjusted accordingly – in other words, if you can deliver more in less time, we’ll happily pay a higher hourly rate.
- Must be able to work from Camberwell office (Victoria). Remote work may be available down the track for the right candidate with the right track record.
- Must be based in Australia and must be legally able to work in Australia.
This is NOT for contractors or freelancers - must be able to work out of Melbourne office (Camberwell).
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com along with a link to a website with a short video embedded – include a bit about yourself and why you’d like to work here.
Positions close when we find the right person. That might be tomorrow, that might be in 3 months.